Wednesday, September 19, 2012

August-September Empties With Mini Review


This post is inspired by Essie Button. Not exaggerating, but I've stocked up too much skincare, use few times and forget all about it. I've limit myself to only buy beauty stuff when I travel overseas. Mainly because I somehow always been attracted to products that are not available here and sometimes it's cheaper. So, for the last few months I've been trying to take care of my skin more consistently and try to finish one item before I can buy or open a new one. I have too many half-opened stuff hehe. So... these are what I've used up:




*L'occitane Angelica Moisturiser and Mask sample sachets
The moisturiser was just okay and slightly too rich for me because my skin is oily, in fact, I got tiny pimples while using it.
The first time I used the mask was on my flight to China and almost every night until I finished it. It worked wonderfully to keep my skin hydrated and in good condition. The air inside the airplane is very dry and a long haul flight would dehydrate my skin, even for the next few days my skin would feel weird, tight and make up just wouldn't sit right. Yes... oily skin can be dehydrated, too. Not to be confused with dry skin though...It's important when choosing the right moisturiser. I find that gel textured moisturiser well suited this skin type. I would definitely repurchase this mask, if I don't have too much of similar stuff already
No picture, because I forgot to keep the sachet

*Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex 5ml
I got this one from a packaged deal when I bought the Idealist serum. I didn't really feel any real benefit from this eye cream but, I'm still in my early 20's and didn't use it regularly. However, it may be good for older age group.

*Dove Oil Foam Cleanser
I used this as a make up remover. It didn't work as effectively as the Shu Uemura oil cleanser, but it worked okay for light make up. I always double cleansed with other cleanser anyway, so it's not a big deal.

*Sensodyne in Pink tube
This is a good toothpaste for sensitive tooth, but won't repurchase this again only because I prefer the whitening one in silver tube.

*Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo
This has helped to reduce my hair loss. I'm not sure what the real cause is. I guess it's a mix of stress and sensitive scalp, so I go with a gentle shampoo

*Pantene Detangle Spray
It's an okay product, didn't really do anything to my hair. I used it anyway because I don't want to waste it.

Hope you enjoy this :)

On my Used Up Project list:
- Shiseido The Skincare Hydro Skin Balancing Toner
- Natural Instincts Shampoo
- Natural Instincts Cream Cleanser
- The Body Shop Seaweed Moisturizer
- The Face Shop Purifying Egg White Mask
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream
- L'occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment