Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Skin Care Routine


I’ve been paying more attention to my skin since I started watching skin care videos in youtube. I try to gently clean my skin, double cleanse when I have make up on, and ensure my skin stay hydrated and clean

My skin in very fair, very oily but slightly dehydrated and acne prone. I don’t know my shade in MAC product, because I only have 1 in NC 20 and it’s too dark. It oxidizes like crazy, I look soo…. orange.  But, Bourjois Healthy Mix in 51 is the perfect match.

Since I always clean my face very thoroughly at night, my morning cleansing routine is relatively simpler. I don’t want to over cleanse and dry out my skin.
So, here is what I use for the last few months:

Day – Neutrogena Cream Cleanser 

Night –
make up remover: Korres White Tea Water, followed with Dove Oil Cleansing Foam.
Cleanser: Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser (yes, I clean my face 3 times, but all are non-drying and use very little of the cream cleanser)

Due to my oily nature, I always look for something that’s non oily, very light, but still hydrating:

Day - Shiseido The Skin Care Hydro-Balancing Softener as toner and light hydration, Natio Eye Contour Treatment Gel, Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector as serum, light moisturizer.  I’m trying L'occitane Angelica Hydration Cream (the sample sachet), but it’s too hydrating for my oily skin

Night – similar to day routine, but for eye cream I choose something richer and anti aging like Kiehl’s Cryste Marine Firming Eye Treatment.

And I only use Shiseido for spot/acne treatment at night




Currently, I don’t use moisturizer with SPF for my day moisturizer, just because I haven’t found one that is not sticky and doesn’t break me out.  Also, I will be indoor for most of the time. However, when I’m out, I use make up base with SPF in it.

I used to live in Australia for a few years. I don’t know whether this is true or not, I never bake under the sun but, let say if I do, I notice that in Indonesia my skin will get some color, but in Australia, I get brown spots/freckles, no tan. Is it because of the thinner ozone layer?  That’s why I use the Clinique serum to fade some of my sunspots. I’ve used it for about a month, haven’t seen big results yet, but will update how it is when I finished the whole bottle.

Except the Angelica moisturizer, this routine has helped with my acne and kept my face well hydrated. It clogged my pores a little bit. Keep in mind that I don’t suffer from cystic acne, mine are just clogged pores that sometime turn into acnes (only 1-2 acnes every other day).

Product I’m trying to used up:

Dove Oil Cleansing Foam
Shiseido Toner 
L’occitane Angelica Hydration Cream (easssyyyy…. So little product hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment